Tuesday 16 July 2013

A New Arrival

Great excitement! There was an unexpected new arrival at the farm last night.

A two-week old lamb! Oh my, I am so taken with this little fellow.



He is adorable, feisty and such fun.

Being from Rockhampton - that's cattle country - I have a steep learning curve about lambs.

Isn't it amazing how the universe finds ways to deliver things? I have been thinking of getting a goat to keep a small back paddock mowed but I always wanted a lamb.

Brode was at a party the other night and a lovely couple, whose lambs we often watched playing by the roadside, asked if we wanted an orphan. His mother died from prolapse and his twin brother died also.

Isn't it amazing how when you put the thought out there, so often the answer arrives. Often it's not the package we expect but it's just what we need at the time.

I have just the paddock for you Bartholomew. And with his antics, I have hardly stopped laughing since he arrived.

He has already been out and about and is showing an enormous appetite for life - munching happily at my prized winter geraniums...




sampling the tough pine cones on display




and getting some sun while out exploring the front garden.






He may become our most photographed little orphan sheep. He already has us wrapped around his ecstatic little tail.

Mostly I am grateful he reminds me to jump for joy at whatever life delivers and to enjoy the journey here and now.

Welcome little Bartholomew!



2 comments:

  1. ♡♡ He looks like a toy - He IS your toy!
    lovely pic of you both ,
    Hi Baaaatholomew (I get it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A joy certainly but a toy no - not with all this poo! Rapidly growing into his job as a pampered lawnmower for the herb garden. Baa - almost as much fun as Sir Francis Drake for the Muscovy duck.

      Delete